With kiddos out of school, summer is often the best time to visit Disney. Some folks shy away from this season because of the heat, but with a little thought and planning, your summer Disney vacay will be everything you dreamed of. Our Disney expert and Time to Travel founder, Amanda Henderson, offers her top 7 tips on visiting Disney during the summer.
- Disney Water Parks: Add the Disney water parks to your package. Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are sure to thrill your family and offer some cool reprieve when everyone needs a break from the heat.
- Disney Resort Lodging: Stay ON property at a Disney Resort to utilize their amazing swimming pools and quick transportation back and forth to the parks. This will keep you cool during the heat of the day.
- Magic Hours: Take advantage of early morning or late night Magic Hours, exclusively for resort guests. We suggest getting up very early and enjoying the parks when it’s cooler, then splashing around at a pool or waterpark during the middle part of the day. End the day/evening back at the parks when it’s cooled off again.
- Disney Dining Plan: Add the Disney Dining plan. Not only is it more cost-effective and alleviates the stress of planning meals, you also get two snacks per person per day. You can enjoy all the ice cream and popsicles you want. All you have to do is scan your magic band!
- Stay Hydrated: Ice water is free and available throughout all the parks! Pack re-usable water bottles for everyone in the family and make sure you fill up every chance you get. Staying hydrating is extremely important.
- Sunscreen: You do not want to get sunburned so be sure to apply and re-apply sunscreen all day every day while you’re enjoy the parks and water parks. This will help block those dangerous UV rays and also alleviate any pain and crying that could come from a bad sunburn.
- Other Items: Other helpful items are misting fans, cooling towels, caps/hats/visors and sunglasses. Also, throw in ponchos for the quick passing afternoon rain showers.
Even though this summer is quickly winding down, it’s not too late to plan a trip to Disney. Sometimes, last minute deals and specials are the best. Also, if you’ve been contemplating a Disney trip for summer 2020, now’s the time to start planning. With an entire year before your trip, we can make sure every detail is exactly how you want it.
To book your next Disney trip, contact Amanda. She or one of her certified agents will help you plan your next dream vacation. Also, remember there are no additional fees when you schedule with Time to Travel.
Phone: (828) 734-7643