Lately there’s nothing I enjoy more than a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning where I can relax, drink coffee and make a yummy breakfast or brunch for those I love. I get bored eating scrambled eggs all the time so it’s fun to get creative with frittatas and omelets. I’ve also been using my iron skillet more and more lately. If you have an iron skillet and it’s just sitting in a cupboard, you’re missing out! The recipe I’m sharing today is easy, healthy and scrumptious. It’s also gluten-free. Everyone in the family will enjoy it.
Below is the detailed recipe for this frittata then below that, I offer a pictorial tutorial to give you a better idea of what each step in the recipe process looks like. Remember, you can switch out vegetables or use more or less of certain ingredients. My recipe is just a basic guide for a frittata but you can always use a little of your own creativity to tailor it to the likes and dislikes of your family.
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1 cup cheese (depending on preference)
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic glove
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Get skillet hot while preparing the ingredients
- In a sauce pan, heat two tablespoons olive oil
- Saute garlic and onions until soft
- Add mushrooms to pan
- Add spinach to pan and a pinch of sea salt
- Once the vegetables are cooked, transfer to an iron skillet
- Pour whisked eggs over the vegetable mixture
- Add another pinch of sea salt to egg mixture
- Add chopped bacon
- Top with cheese
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on how hot your oven gets
- Serve with fruit and enjoy
1). While the oven is preheating, heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute the garlic then onions then mushrooms (in that order).
2. Add the spinach and continuing sauteeing with a pinch of sea salt (or more depending on preference).
3). Once the vegetables are cooked, transfer them to the iron skillet.
4). Pour the whisked eggs over the vegetables.
5). Add the bacon.
6). Top with cheese.
7). Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on the heat of your oven).
8). Let frittata sit and cool. Serve with a side of fresh fruit and dig in!