This recipe for white chicken chili is extremely easy and pleases everyone in my family. It’s simple to put together and cooks in the slow cooker all day. Anytime I take this dish to a luncheon or dinner party, it’s a major hit with the guests.
To make things a little more simple, I suggest cooking and shredding the chicken the night before as that is the only step that takes any time at all. Then set your alarm ten minutes early, add the remaining ingredients, turn on the slow cooker, head out for the day, and come home to a delicious meal. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 oz can chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans great northern beans
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sour cream (dollop on each serving)
- Colby Jack cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- Cover chicken with water in medium-sized pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 20 minutes; drain, cool, and shred.
- Add chicken to slow cooker with onions, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Add broth, beans, Rotel, and garlic.
- Cook on low in slow cooker 6-8 hours
- Top each bowl with sour cream and Colby Jack cheese